The home health registered nurse will provide person centric nursing care to acutely ill, chronically ill, terminally ill, and well patients of all ages in their residences. The home health nurse will provide direct skilled patient care, observation, and educational instructions in the place of residence under the direction of the patient’s certifying physician. Home health nursing focus is on health promotion and care of the sick while integrating environmental, psychosocial, economic, cultural, and personal health factors affecting an individual and family health status. The home health registered nurse will apply nursing practice to patients of all ages in the patient and residences, which may include private homes, assisted living, or personal care facilities. Home health nursing embraces primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention; assistance to family with coordination of community resources and health insurance benefits; and delivery of healthcare services in a patient’s home, including non-conventional residences. The home health registered nurse plays a key role in the financial management of the patient’s episode of care. This includes verification of patient insurance and the management of the HRRG reimbursement for traditional Medicare eligible home health customers.
1. Current registered nurse licensure in good standing in state where services are performed.
2. BSN preferred from an accredited school of nursing
3. Must have at least one year nursing experience, 3 years of experience preferred. Preferably in home care. Medical/Surgical, ER or ICU experience is a plus.
4. Ability to apply critical thinking to physical, psychosocial, environmental, mental, cultural, family, and safety issues.
5. Ability to utilize clinical decision-making in applying the nurses process to patients in their places of residence.
6. Ability to practice as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
7. Competency in applying care management skills.
8. Must be proficient in the use of technology and electronic patient documentation
.9. Current and valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, ability to provide own dependable transportation for home visits and proof of auto liability insurance.
10. Ability to management multiple skills and disease processes across
Home care visits, admissions and case management. M-F 36 hour week, some weekend and holiday rotation
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: 40
WORK SHIFT: Days/Evenings
|Job Category||Nurse, Registered Nurse|