Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solver
- Excellent Customer Service
- Team Member
- Able to Follow Directions
- Understanding of Computers
Tech / Scribing / Patient Care / Exam Rooms
- Educate and explain all procedures to which the patient will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Obtain patient history to include the chief complaint, history of present illness, history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and allergies and medications.
- In front of the patient, clean all equipment that the doctor may need to use during the exam and pretesting.
- Perform, document, and accurately measure tasks to include Auto Refractor, Corneal Topography, Retinal Camera, OCT, and Visual Fields.
- Scribe using electronic medical records and assisting the doctor during the exam process.
- Determine which patient should be next to be taken from the waiting room and to have testing initiated. Escort all patients from the waiting room to the pretest room for the data collection. Following testing, escort them to the exam room and advise the patient as to who will see them next, and make them comfortable during the wait by offering water or coffee.
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients to the doctor, altering the test sequence as required.
- Your workspace will be the Tech Bar in the hallway near the waiting room.
- Keep all drops, solutions, educational material, tissues, paper towels restocked under the sink and on the countertops; this should be done at the end of each day. Contact Reps when needed when supplies are running low.
- Open each exam room and pretest room every day.
- Close and clean each exam and pretest room every night after patient care, including wiping down the chair, countertops, covering equipment, cleaning the floors, and collecting the trash. Pick up and clean the Kid’s playroom, bathrooms, and hallway every night.
- Inventory, reorder and restock all the trial contacts at the end of the day. Work with the company Reps that stop by the office from time to time.
- Check calibration of equipment and make adjustments or calls for service, as necessary.
- Order and maintain proper inventory of all patient care supplies (bulbs, film, visual field paper, ARK paper, etc.).
- Make sure the referral letters are printed and stocked in all the exam rooms.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Food provided
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
All personnel inside the office is required to follow the CDC musk guidelines.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- One location
|Job Category||Certified Medical Assistant|