- Under direction of the Nurse Manager, is delegated certain responsibilities and authority for managing a nursing unit. These responsibilities are coordinating, evaluating and improving nursing care and assisting the Nurse Manager in promoting safe, cost effective, quality patient care.
- Assigns patient care to staff
- Acts as liaison between the patient, family and physician
- Develops leadership/managerial role
- Participates in Service Excellence Program
- BSN required.
- NCRN licensure required.
- One year of additional graduate education may be substituted for one year of experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
- Two to three years of clinical experience in nursing, one year of which is in the clinical subspecialty required. Prefer previous leadership experience and knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Groupwise. Time in staffing (functioning in the charge nurse roll) and office time will be based on OIP recommendations for the unit.
- 4 beds in ECHI (East Carolina Heart Institute)
- 13 beds in Main HDU
The Hemodialysis unit cares for patients experiencing the following disease processes (but not limited to):
- End Stage Renal Disease/Transplant Rejection
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Congestive Heart Failure/Pulmonary Edema
- Auto-immune/Neurological Disorders
- Blood disorders
- Respiratory/Metabolic Acidosis
This unit provides care to patients requiring dialysis and/or plasmapheresis with complex diagnosis. Care is provided across the continuum, from infants to adults. Nurses are trained to perform hemodialysis treatments, peritoneal dialysis treatments, and apheresis treatments. ICU and vented patients are 1:1 care at bedside. BLS is required at onset of employment. ACLS is required within 1 year of hire date.
|Job Category||Assistant Nurse Manager|